OTIS CULTURAL COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF AUGUST 16, 2017
Meeting called to order at 6:12 PM
Present: Carol Lombardo, Jeanne Randorf, Mary Jo Engels, Pat Fogel, Vicki Ernst, Robert Turnbough, Arlene Tolopko, Shanon Albee
Absent: Joan Basis, Mary Anne Cicchillo, Ilisa Sulner, Ilona Packie, Diane Provenz
- Vicki Ernst made a motion to accept the minutes of July 19, 2017. Deb Fogel seconded the motion. Minutes were approved.
- No financial report given this month.
- Chair report
- Jeanne Randorf and Deb Fogel attended the LCC meeting in Pittsfield.
- There is new software at Otis Town Hall. Our website is changing. The committee was urged to be aware of this.
- The upcoming Art Festival has been mentioned in local papers. Articles will also be placed in local papers regarding applications for grants.
- A thank you letter was received from the Sandisfield Arts Center for our support.
- Vicki Ernst will become a non-voting member. Her six years maximum membership on the committee has expired.
- Recycling – The committee is still in need of volunteers.
III. 10th ANNUAL ARTS FESTIVAL – to be held September 2, 2017. Thirty vendors have applied to date. Food and music have been arranged. Flyers are ready for distribution.
- GRANT CYCLE FOR 2017 – Cycle starts September 1, 2017. Ilona Packie will be contacted for flyers. Online applications went well previously and will be sent out again. Use of Facebook for applications was discussed. Paper applications will still be available.
- OTHER EVENTS
- Pillow Stuffing – Questionable due to low interest.
- Triple Shadow – Postponed until the Fall.
- Wanda Houston has committed to June 16, 2018 for Sup-n-Swing.
- OTHER BUSINESS
- September 20, 2017 meeting has been cancelled.
- October 18, 2017 at 6:00PM will be a voting meeting. All members are encouraged to attend.
- November 8, 2017 will start at 5:00PM and also is a voting meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:54 PM
Mary Jo Engels, Recording Secretary