OTIS CULTURAL COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF August 21, 2019
Meeting called to order at 6:00PM
Attendees: Jeanne Randorf, Deb Fogel, Mary Jo Engels, Shanon Albee, Arlene Tolopko
- Approval of the minutes of the meeting of June 19, 2019. Shanon Albee made a motion to approve the minutes. Jeanne Randorf seconded the motion. The motion was approved.
- Financial – Due to missing information, the report could not be verified. The report was postponed.
- Chair report – Arlene Tolopko and Deb Fogel are now non-voting members for one year.
- Recycling – Regarding the proposed donation for an electronic sign for FREES needs further research. The OCC is considering capping the amount that it may contribute.
III. Summer programs
- Robin O’Herin was cancelled due to venue issues.
- Music program for seniors may be cancelled in the future.
- Arts Festival was successful.
- Quilt raffle – $170 was collected for the quilt raffle at the Arts Festival. Stephanie McNair won the quilt.
- Square Dance on August 17th – Approximately 20 people attended and had a swinging time.
- Fiscal year 2020 grant season – The application for grants may be submitted from September 1 thru October 15. Jeanne will provide information sheets and application forms.
The OCC is considering a cooking class thru Noujaim’s Bistro in Winstead, CT. Arlene Tolopko will research any restrictions.
- Other Business – The committee voted to cancel the September 2019 meeting. Voting meetings will be held on October 30 and November 13, 2019
The meeting was adjourned at 7:15PM. The next meeting will be held on October 30th at 6:00PM
Mary Jo Engels, Recording Secretary