OTIS CULTURAL COUNCIL
MINUTES OF JULY 19, 2017
Present: Jeanne Randorf, Mary Jo Engels, Arlene Tolopko, Vicki Ernst, Deb Folel, Shanon Albee, Ilona Packie
Absent: Joan Basis, Mary Anne Cicchillo, Carol Lombardo, Diane Provenz, Robert Turnbough
- Meeting was called to order at 6:05PM
- Minutes of May 17, 2017 were approved.
- Financial report for June 2017 and July 2017 were presented by Shanon Albee and accepted.
- Recycling report – Additional people are needed to help with the project. Mary Jo Engels made a motion to contribute our recycling proceeds of $1,450 to the Farmington River School to be added to the fund for purchase of an outdoor electronic bulletin board. Deb Fogel seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Chair Report – Jeanne Randorf asked all present if they had received the “Annual Open Law Reminder”. They all had received it.
Jeanne Randorf will attempt to meet with members of the Sandisfield, MA OCC to possibly collaborate on school projects.
- Past Events –
- Tag sale went well.
- Sup-N-Swing went well. Tom Garvey and his group were highly accepted. In the future, the committee is considering alternating between Tom Garvey’s band and Wanda Houston.
- 10th Annual Arts Festival – The event will be held September 2, 2017. The committee discussed if another date in the future would be more appropriate. Currently, 19 vendors have signed up. A hot dog vendor has been obtained. Music will be provided by Sandy and Sandy.
- Other Events
- “Triple Shadow” – Fall
- Pillow Stuffing scheduled for September 2, 2017. No one has signed up yet. We are encouraged to advertise with flyers.
VII. Other Business –
- Jeanne Randorf would like to thank all who helped with our projects. She will put a notice in the Otis Observer.
- Shanon Albee stated the OCC donated $150 to Our Town, a new theatre group in the area
The meeting adjourned at 7:30PM. The next meeting is on August 16, 2017 at 6PM.
Respectfully submitted: Mary Jo Engels, Recording Secretary