OTIS CULTURAL COUNCIL
JUNE 19, 2019
Attendees: Shanon Albee, Jeanne Randorf, Carol Lombardo, Deb Fogel, Mary Jo Engels,
Meeting was called to order at 6:15PM
- Minutes of March 20, 2019 and May 15, 2019 were approved.
- Shanon Albee distributed the financial report to members. It was accepted.
- Chair report – The cultural Council received a thank you note from the Otis Observer. Jeanne Randorf also brought the committee up to date on membership news.
III. Feedback on programs
- Quilt raffle – tickets were sold for the quilt at the tag sale and will be sold at all events.
- Tag sale – In the absence of Vicki Ernst, Mary Jo Engels gave the report. The sale was successful however there were fewer vendors due to competition from other sales.
- Upcoming programs
- Sup & Swing – June 22, 2019 to be held at town hall, 6PM, concert at 7PM. Celebrations committee is in charge of the event; Jeanne Randorf and Arlene Tolopko are members of that committee as well.
- Arts Festival – Deb Fogel and Carol Lombardo will chair the event on August 3,2019 at Farmington River School. Approximately 15 craft vendors have signed up thus far. Food will be available. The CHP Healthmobile will also be there. Pied Potter Hamelin will be demonstrating his style of pottery.
- Robert O’Herin, Tap and Blues is scheduled to be held at the Town Hall gazebo August 11, 2019 at 3PM. Event may have to be cancelled or postponed if no electricity is available at the gazebo.
- Square Dance with Cliff Brodeur and the Housatonic Philharmonic will be held on August 17, 2019. Arlene Tolopko reported that preparations are completed. The Quilt raffle will end at this event and the winning ticket will be drawn.
- Other programs – Recycling – Additional volunteers are always welcome.
- Other Business – Carol Lombardo requested funds for a new school program involving Social Services doing sensitivity training. Members requested that a grant be written and presented to the council by the school.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:10PM
The committee voted to cancel the July 17, 2019 meeting.
The next meeting will be held on August 21, 2019 at
Topic: Cultural Council 6/17/2020
Time: Jun 17, 2020 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 862 9462 1378
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,86294621378# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,86294621378# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 862 9462 1378
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbrqwYQ24