OTIS CULTURAL COUNCIL
MEETING OF MAY 17, 2017
Attendies: Jeanne Randorf, Arlene Tolopko, Shanon Albee, Mary Jo Engels, Carol Lombardo, Robert Turnbough, Ilisa Sulner, Ilona Packie, Dianne Provenz
Absentees: Joan Basis, Mary Anne Cicchillo, Vicki Ernst, Deb Fogel
- Meeting was called to order at 6:06PM
- Minutes: After three corrections, minutes of April 19, 2017 were corrected.
- No financial report was presented.
- 1. Five committee members need to be sworn in for next three years.
- Jeanne Randorf, Vicki Ernst, Diane Provenz are nearing the end of their term.
Ilisna Sulner has volunteered to assume Vicki Ernst’s responsibilities.
- Upcoming Events
- Tag Sale – May 27, 2017
Discussion was held as to whether additional free standing signs are needed. Cost analysis is needed.
Fifteen tables have been paid for thus far. Additional table fees can be paid at the event.
Event setup starts at 7:30AM. Sale starts at 9:00AM until 3:00PM.
- Sup-N-Swing – June 17, 2017 –
Diane Provens reported that everything is organized for the event. In Diane’s absence on the date of the event, Robert Turnbough will coordinate. Mary Jo Engels will order and pick up food for the band. Volunteers will direct parking.
- Arts Festival – September 2, 2017 – Farmington River School
Deb Fogel and Carol Lombardo coordinating. Still attempting to locate a food vendor for the day. Fifteen craft vendors have signed up for the event.
- Other events
- Rex Ransom Pillow stuffing – Limited to six participants. Rex is doing much of his own advertising thru the Otis Observer and his store, etc.
- Arlene Tolopko mentioned Kate Abbott’s summer program which is online.
- FRRES Grants
The Willie Wanka show was enjoyed by all who attended. Jeanne Randorf visited Mrs. Grey
Who wants to possibly set up with Charles Neville for next year. Since the teachers are now planning their 2017-2018 programs, it was suggested that Mary Jo Engels contact the newly renovated Bidwell Museum.
- Beautify Otis
- Two new flower barrels have been placed at the transfer station.
- Thanks-a-bunch lunch for Beautify Otis flower volunteers was well attended and enjoyed by all.
VIII. Other business
Diane Provenz asked if the OCC might want to be involved with either/or the East Otis School House project or the Episcopal Church acquisition. It was decided that it was too early to consider these projects.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:15PM
Next meeting will be held on June 21, 2017
Mary Jo Engels, Recording Secretary