Otis Cultural Council
May 15, 2019 @ 6:00 pm
Otis Town Hall
Present: Jeanne Randorf, Shanon Albee, Deb Fogel, Carol Lombardo, Arlene Tolopko, Ilisa Sulner and Vicki Ernst.
Guest: Justina Crawford, representing MCC in Boston.
- Call to Order: 6:00 pm
- Approval of the Minutes of March 20, 2019: N/A
Approval of the Minutes of April 17, 2019: unanimous
- Financial: accepted
- Chair: Jeanne Randorf
- Thank you notes and gift cards have been sent out to those persons who plant the barrels around the Town of Otis and have been most appreciated. Thank you to Jamie Carr, owner of the Otis Ridge Garden Center, for giving a 10% discount on plants to the barrel planters. Three barrels have been replaced.
- Calendar of Summer Events has been placed at various sites in Otis.
- Spring/Summer Activities:
- Tag Sale: May 25th, at the Otis Ski Ridge parking lot.
All set and ready to go! Vicki Ernst
- Arts Festival: Carol Lombardo and Deb Fogel: August 3rd, from 9-3 PM. at FREES. There is a call-out to vendors.
- Robin O’Herin Tap & Blues: August 11th, @ 3 PM. Venue will be the gazebo behind Town Hall. Jeanne Randorf
- Quilt Raffle: Cheryl Coates has donated a Quilt to be raffled off at the Arts Festival. Arlene Tolopko will be selling raffles at each OCC event.
- Cliff Brodeur & the Housatonic Philharmonic: will be August 17th @ 6:30 PM, at the Otis Fire House. If it rains, program will be moved to the Town Hall gym: Arlene Tolopko
- Sup n’ Swing/Community Event: June 22nd. Doors open
@ 6 PM, Concert @ 7 PM. The owners of the Knox Trail will provide beverages and pay for the day insurance fee.
- Next meeting: Wednesday, June 19th, 2019 @ 6:00 PM
Minutes submitted by Vicki Ernst