OTIS CULTURAL COUNCIL
Meeting Of April 19, 2017
Attendees: Jeanne Randorf, Arlene Tolopko, Vicki Ernst, Mary Jo Engels, Robert Turnbough, Ilona Packie, Diane Provenz, Deb Fogel, Carol Lombardo
Absentees: Shanon Albee, Joan Basis, Mary Anne Cicchillo, Ilisa Sulner,
- Meeting was called to order at 6:08PM
- Vicki Ernst made a motion to approve the minutes of March 15, 2017. Minutes were approved.
- Jeanne Randorf gave the financial reports in the absence of Susan Albee. A call was made to Susan Albee to clarify certain items. The report was accepted.
- Upcoming events
- Tag sale – to take place on May 27, 2017. Vicki Ernst reported that tag sale signs are up. This week road signs should be up in the usual places. Vicki has also publicized in Shoppers Guide, the Otis Observer, the OCC web site and others. Arlene Tolopko reviewed flyer locations. Robert Turnbough will be present that day to supervise the setup of vendors.
- Sup-N-Swing – will be held on June 17th at Issaic Walton Field. Diane Provenz reported that Tom Garvey will be the performing artist. There was a discussion as to whether to hold the event at Town Hall Park in 2018.
- Arts Festival – to be held September 2, 2017. Deb Fogel reported that seven applications had been received. The committee is continuing to seek a food vendor. Several were suggested.
- FREES News – Since the school has been on recess, little was reported. The children did enjoy the field trip to Hancock Shaker Village.
- Beautify Otis Project
- New barrels – Jim Crandall will provide new barrels by the end of this week.
- Thanks-A-Bunch lunch – Will be held tomorrow, April 20 at Fratelli’s Restaurant.
VII. Other Business – A recycling project check was received for $458. It will be donated to Farmington River School for their proposed electronic outdoor sign.
The next meeting of the Otis Cultural Council will be held May 17, 2017 at 6PM at Town Hall.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:05PM
Respectfully submitted by Mary Jo Engels, Recording Secretary.