Cultural Council Meeting Minutes 03/15/2017




  1. Meeting called to order at 6:10PM

Attendees: Jeanne Randorf, Mary Jo Engels, Arlene Tolopko, Deb Fogel, Ilona        Packie, Robert Turnbough, Shanon Albee.

Absentees: Vicki Ernst, Carol Lombardo, Illisa Sulmer, Mary Anne Cicchillo, Diane Provenz


  1. Deb Fogel made a motion to accept the minutes of November 15, 2016. Arlene Tolopko seconded the motion. Minutes passed


III. Reports

  1. Financial Report: Shanon Albee presented the financial report. Report was accepted.
  2. Chair Report:
  3. Al Blake has resigned as a member of the Otis Cultural Council.
  4. The committee is looking for new members. Arlene Tolopko will place an announcement in the Otis Observer. There also will be an announcement on the Town of Otis website.
  5. Volunteers are needed for Sup-N-Swing and for the OCC tag sale.
  6. Recycling: The recycling crew needs new members to help sort items.

The OCC received a letter from Farmington School stating that they had received our donation towards their proposed new electronic sign. The school will be searching for other donors as well.


  1. Tag Sale: The sale will be held on Memorial Day Saturday, May 27, 2017. The sale will be announced in the Otis Observer. Vicki Ernst is the coordinator. Robert Turnbough volunteered to assist and will contact Vicki. There is no rain date.


  1. Sup-N-Swing: The event will be held on June 17, 2017. Diane Provanz will organize the event. In Diane’s absence, Ilona Packie volunteered to coordinate the day of the event. “Save the Date” will be published in the Otis Observer.


  1. Tenth Annual Arts Festival: The event will be held on September 2, 2017. “Save the date” letters have been sent to previous vendors. Two vendors have responded. Deb Fogel reported that we are seeking a food vendor. Sandy & Sandy will provide music.


VII. Beautify Otis: Two flower barrels at the Transfer Station need to be replaced.

Deb Fogel will inquire at Otis Ridge about replacement barrels.

Lynne O’Brian resigned. Ilona Packie suggested that the Senior Citizens at Town Hall be asked if they would like to help with barrel planting. Materials will be provided.


VIII. Other Business: “Thanks-a-Bunch” lunch will be held at noon on April 20, 2017 at Fratelli’s Restaurant. Ilona Packie will coordinate.


  1. The meeting adjourned at 7:05PM.


The next meeting will be held on April 19, 2017 at 6:00PM.


Respectfully submitted:



Mary J. Engels

Recording Secretary