COUNCIL ON AGING MINUTES
SEPTEMBER 11, 2020
Meeting was called to order at 12 Noon by Ralph Gleason
In Attendance were Ralph Gleason, Carol Blakeslee, Jane Bernasconi, Dee Egee, and Eila Bell
Covid 19 protocol was observed with wearing of masks, physical separation and use of hand sanitizer.
Several items were discussed and agreed to:
- With the departure of Lisa D’Orazio as Chairperson, Ralph Gleason was reinstalled as Chairman.
- Doris (Dee) Egee was installed as a full council member bringing the membership to five.
- Lisa asked to be removed from signature on the Friends of Otis COA checking account at Berkshire Bank.
- It was agreed that Dee Egee should be listed as a signature with Berkshire Bank, bringing the authorized signers to Ralph Gleason, Jane Bernasconi and Dee Egee.
- Having advertised for an Outreach Coordinator, Eila Bell was interviewed for the position and after questions and discussion, it was agreed to offer Eila the position. It is understood this position is part time with a maximum of 6 hours per week at $16.00 per hour. Eila will be an independent contractor responsible for her quarterly payments to the IRS, and upon receiving a 1099 from the COA, filing of her taxes.
- Eila Bell accepted the position and will start immediately as there is a critical need for this service.
There was no other business and the meeting adjourned at 2:30 PM
Ralph E. Gleason, Sr.