Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, February 18, 2020 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for March 17, 2020 Meeting Applications is Wed., March 4, 2020, at 6:00 p.m.
- Next Meeting is Tuesday March 17, 2020 @ 6:00 PM
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: January 21, 2020 Meeting
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Bruce A. Wall, 38 South Lake Ave., map 18A lot 51, regarding the removal of 3 trees & a partial 4th, as well as replacement of boards on top of existing dock, all within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Don Chaffee w/Chaffee Construction, on behalf of Bob & Judy Hampel, 31 Davison Road, map 11 lot 98, regarding the removal & replacement of existing rotted & collapsed deck, in same footprint, using techno-posts for piers, within the resource area of an intermittent stream.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Lawrence Irvine, on behalf of Dorothy Pelikan, 14 South Lake Ave., map 18A lots 25/26, regarding the removal and replacement of existing failing dock on Otis Reservoir.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Dorothy Pelikan, 14 South Lake Ave., map 18A lots 25/26, regarding the unauthorized work in the BZ and resource areas of Otis Reservoir.
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Request for Extension of OOC: Submitted by GZA, on behalf of MA DCR/Dam Maintenance Program, FKA DEM, for draw down OOC extensions for both OR and BP in Otis, MA. OOC issued respectively under DEP File 254-0155 & 254-0156
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Public Hearing – Request for COC – Submitted by James LeGrand, 59 Pine Grove Ridge, map 15 lot 2140, regarding installation of Jet 500 septic system, drilling of a new well & temporary road for access and the repair of an existing dock in tandem with Chapter 91 application, all in the BZ of OR. Project completed under OOC issued under DEP file 254-0413.
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, March 4th – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for March 17, 2020 meeting Applications is Wednesday March 4, 2020 at 6 PM!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***