Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, October 20, 2020 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
Topic: Conservation Commission 10/20/2020
Time: Oct 20, 2020 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 896 0984 2898
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,89609842898# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,89609842898# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 896 0984 2898
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdGM4vd7yV
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for November 17, 2020 Meeting Applications is Wednesday, November 4, 2020, at 6:00 p.m.
- Next Meeting is Tuesday November 17, 2020 @ 6:00 PM
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: September 15, 2020 Remote Meeting
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Andrew Dorsey, 2 Big Island, map 12A lot 2, regarding the installation of 4 concrete posts for a new 6’ x 18’ building addition within the BZ of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Victoria Smith, 85 N. Lake Ave., map 18A lot 32, regarding the removal of a tree & removal of concrete pad beneath the existing deck(s), all within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by MA DOT HIGHWAY, on behalf of Francisca Heming, Interstate 90 E & W bound lanes inc. exit and entrance ramps, regarding the application of herbicide to control target vegetation within the area of infrastructure in the I-90 ROW.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by R. Levesque on behalf of Robert Goyette Sr., 491 Pine Road, map 17B lot 61, regarding removal of a 36” white pine within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Mary Fischer, 355 Stanley Road, map 16A lot 2, regarding the removal of 4 trees within the BZ of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Jeff Amanti on behalf of David Amanti, 100 Kibbe Point Rd., map 17F lot 2, regarding the removal of existing cottage, and rebuild of new in same footprint, within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by BSC Group, on behalf of Eversource Energy, 1421 Electrical utility ROW, east of Blandford Town line, just N of Blandford Town line in Otis, regarding the construction of 2 small access ramps down the slope to support structure replacements/anchor installs along the 1421 ROW.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Gail Seeger, 19 Circle Drive, map 17D lot 59, regarding the removal of a damaged pine tree & partial of a dying birch, all within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Chaffee Construction on behalf of Mark Anthony, 13 N. Lake Ave., map 18A lot 42, regarding addition to existing structure & relocation of septic & pump chamber, all within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by James & Kathryn Watkins, 10 S. Lake Ave., map 18 lot 45, regarding the modification of existing dock, within the resource area of OR.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by White Eng., Inc., on behalf of Austin Brazee, 65 Kibbe Point Rd., map 17 lot 41, regarding the reconstruction of retaining along the shore of OR.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continued from September Meeting – Submitted by Daniel Giusti, 1555 West Center Road, map 6 lot 172, regarding the installation of a WLC device, to mitigate beaver dam flooding, in the resource area of Benton Brook.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, November 4th – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for November 17, 2020 meeting Applications is Wednesday November 4, 2020 at 6 PM!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***