Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, December 18, 2018 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for January 2019 Applications is Wed., January 2, 2019, at 6 PM
- Next Meeting is Tuesday, January 15, 2019 @ 6:00 PM
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: November 20, 2018 Meeting.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Donald N. Chartier, 27 South Bay Road, map 17D lot 22, regarding the removal of 2 unsafe docks & replacement with new dock structure & boat lift; rebuilding of existing retaining wall and removal & rebuild of cottage and walkway out of home.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Otis Woodlands Club, Inc., 30 Clubhouse Drive, map 10F lot 14, regarding the removal of a structurally unsound tree(s) in the BZ of Owl Lake.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Berkshire Geo-Technologies on behalf of Victoria Smith, 75 N. Lake Ave., map 18 lot 33, regarding the replacement of existing failed septic system, demo & rebuild of existing house all within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Clean Focus Renewables, Algerie Road, map 16 lot 85, regarding the installation, operation & maintenance of a solar array, with a 100’ setback from all surrounding wetland resources.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Berkshire Engineering, Inc., on behalf of Sally Laufer, 20 Soucie Lane, map 6 lot 116, regarding the removal & construction of existing single family home with attached deck, install of stone drip edge and extension of existing gravel drive, all within the 200’ riverfront area of the west branch of the FR in Otis.
- Public Hearing – RDA Continuation – Submitted by James Marlor, 6 Blandford Drive, map 18C lot 59, regarding the stabilization of seawall with existing stones on property, all by hand, in the BZ of OR.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall.
- Deadline for January 15, 2019 meeting Applications is Wednesday January 2, 2019 at 6 PM!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall