Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, December 17, 2019 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for January 21, 2020 Meeting Applications is Wed., January 1, 2020, at 6:00 p.m.
- Next Meeting is Tuesday January 21, 2020 @ 6:00 PM
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: November 19, 2019 Meeting
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Berkshire Geo-Technologies, on behalf of James Watkins, 10 S. Lake Ave., map 18 lot 45, regarding the renovation & expansion of sun-room; construction of an 8’ x 8’ deck; removal of trees; removal of section of retaining wall & dock as required by MA DEP for Ch. 91; and repair of the top of retaining wall, all in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Emily Stockman with Stockman & Assocs., on behalf of Charles Rosenblum, 408 Hayes Pond Road, map 9A lot 31A, regarding request for associated vista maintenance, within the BZ of Hayes Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Don Chaffee with Chaffee Construction, on behalf of Jon & Linda Cox, 398 Lion Hill Road, lot 7, regarding the replacement of 3 failing piers with techno posts; installation of cedar siding; replace roofing on existing deck, as well as failed decking, all in the BZ of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Don Chaffee with Chaffee Construction, on behalf of Sandra Fieldler, 137 Pond Blvd., regarding the reconstruction of a sideline curtain drain that has failed due to overgrowth of lawn and silt from driveway, in the BZ of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Don Chaffee with Chaffee Construction, on behalf of Stan & Fran Bogady, 237 Brookman Drive, map 18C lot 35, regarding the demo and reinstallation of existing seawall all by hand, in the bank and BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Lewis M. Kurtz, 131 Pond Blvd., map 11F lot 86, regarding the removal of a dead/dying tree in the BZ of Big Pond.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- 408 Hayes Pond Road – Observation by a Commissioner, of extensive, unauthorized cutting, done in the BZ of Hayes Pond in Otis. Ratified in September 2019; on November 19, 2019 agenda for reminder to Follow Up.
- 46 South Gate Island Road, John Benevento – Unauthorized work done in the BZ of Otis Reservoir. Ratified in September 2019; on November 19, 2019 agenda for reminder to Follow Up.
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Public Hearing – COC – Submitted by BGT on behalf of Susan and Robert Lopatkin, 783 Algerie Road, map 12 lot 34, regarding request for Certificate of Compliance for installation of residential boardwalk in the BZ of Big Pond.
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, January 1st – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for January 21, 2020 meeting Applications is Wednesday January 1, 2020 at 6 PM!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***