Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, December 15, 2020 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Next Meeting is Tuesday January 19, 2021 @ 6:00 PM – Remote Via Zoom
- Deadline for January 19, 2021 Meeting Applications is Wednesday, January 6, 2021, at 6:00 p.m.
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: November 17, 2020 Remote Meeting
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Dennis Aube, 71 N. Lake Ave., map 18A lot 34, regarding the removal of 3 dying trees in the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Daniel Murray, 79 D’Wolfe Dr., map 7B lot 3, regarding the removal of a dying tree in the BZ of Watson Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Marc & Anne Schechter, 20 McClean Beach Rd., map 12B lot 11, regarding decommission of old & installation of a new septic, addition of a 3-room 2nd floor addition over existing garage, incl. footings for support columns inside the garage, all within the BZ of Big Pond
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Steven Mack w/Foresight Land Svc., on behalf of Harold Kobrin & Alex Morrison, Dimmock Rd., map 1 lot 48, regarding the proposed single-family house construction & related site work, within the bank & BVW associated with an unnamed intermittent stream.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Cara Hunt with BGT, on behalf of Brian & Robin Fierston, 0 Pease Rd., map 11F lot 14, regarding retaining wall installation, a dock, patio, 3-bedroom home w/attached garage & screened porch, driveway and landscaping, all within the BZ area of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continued from November Meeting – Submitted by Daniel Giusti, 1555 West Center Road, map 6 lot 172, regarding the installation of a WLC device, to mitigate beaver dam flooding, in the resource area of Benton Brook.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Emergency Certifications:
- Public Hearing: EC Issuance 11/25/2020: Dennis Aube, 71 N. Lake Ave., regarding emergency permission permitted to remove 2 dying trees within the BZ of Otis Reservoir. Stumps cut flush with the ground, bio-oil only in equipment, debris removed from resource area immediately and OCC reserves the right to inspect for 3 years from date of approval. No other work permitted under this Order.
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Public Hearing – COC – Submitted by White Engineering, Inc., on behalf of William and Lynn Wood, 779 Stebbins Road, map 1 lot 60, regarding the request for a COC for work completed under Order of Conditions issued under DEP File number 254-0269. An inspection was completed by staff @ White Eng. On 11/20/2020, and is purported to be in excellent condition.
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, January 6th – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. *** Held Remotely: In-person Meetings by Advance Appointment Only *** – Deadline for January 19, 2021 meeting Applications is Wednesday January 6, 2021 by 6 PM – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 – 6:00 pm ** Held Remotely via Zoom ***
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***