Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, October 24, 2017 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for November Applications is Wednesday, November 1st at 6:00 p.m.
- Next Meeting is Tuesday November 21, 2017 @ 6:00 PM
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: Tuesday, September 17, 2017 Meeting
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Susan O’Donnell, 351 Latimer Hill Road, map 16A lot 34, regarding replacement of existing 80 YO structure, with new structure 20’ x 24’, that will be the same distance from resource area, and attached to the main cabin by a 6’ x 6’ enclosed connector.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Smith Family Living Trust/Theresa Smith, Trustee, 63 Partridge Rd., map 16A lot 15, regarding removal of dead trees, and pruning of several others, all in the BZ of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – Request for Certificate of Compliance – Submitted by Vincent Staskiewicz, Tannery Rd., map 6 lot 1288, regarding the request for a COC.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Thomas Bagwell Jr & Joanne C DiLoreto, 49 Kibbe Point Rd., map 17D lot 38, regarding repairs to existing seawall on Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Chris Tryon with Berkshire Geo-Technologies, on behalf of Daniel M & Janet E. Cassanelli, 489 Pine Rd., map 17B lot 56, regarding the installation of a 1500 gallon septic tank, 1000 gallon pump chamber & force main, all within 100’ BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Chris Tryon with Berkshire Geo-Technologies, on behalf of John & Deborah Kane, 47 N. Lake Ave., map 18 lot 37, regarding the repair of existing deteriorating seawall, repair/extension of existing dock, removal of trees, construction of a stone patio sitting area, deck and addition on an existing dwelling.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Tomasz Chrzan, 55 N. Lake Ave., map 18A lot 36, regarding the removal of 3 large trees, as well as construction of a permanent canopy over their existing boat-lift.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continuation – Submitted by Mitchell Chambers, 45 Pine Grove Ridge, map 15D lot 97, regarding the repair of the north facing retaining wall facing OR, due to disrepair caused by frost and resulting erosion from adjacent land.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continuation – Submitted by Robert Brodeur, 64 S. Lake Ave., map 18B lot 4, regarding the repair/replacement of existing concrete seawall & wooden structure dock w/concrete pilings, as well as replacement of stairs and patio that are in disrepair.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, November 1st – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for November 21, 2017 meeting Applications is Wednesday November 1, 2017 at 6 PM!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall