Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, October 22, 2019 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for November 19, 2019 Meeting Applications is Wed., November 6, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- Next Meeting is Tuesday November 19, 2019 @ 6:00 PM
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: September 17, 2019 Meeting
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by James Henry, 80 Leonard Road, map 11F lot 1, regarding the removal of one dead hemlock tree in the BZ of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Marc Bergeron on behalf of William & Nancy Amanti, 26 Pine Road Ext., map 17C lot 96, regarding the removal of existing addition to house, and rebuilding of a new larger addition in the same location, in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Doot Construction on behalf of Joanne & Glenn Goldstein, 422 Lion Hill Road, map 11E lot 33, regarding the demo of existing house and building of new house in same footprint and a new well, in the BZ of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Andrew Boyne on behalf of Barbara Peel, 358 Stanley Road, map 16A lot 5, regarding removal and replacement of shed with hand and electric tools, in the BZ of BP.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Sharon E. Johnson, 209 Ray Hubbard Road, map 16A lot 45, regarding the removal of a dead maple tree, in the BZ of Benton Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Town of Otis, Tyringham Rd., maps 9B & 13A, regarding the full depth reclamation of existing blacktop 6600’ x 22’ & repaved with 3.5”s of hot mix asphalt, along with the edge backed up with 3” crushed stone, from the intersection of Monterey Rd., to the Tyringham Town line.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Don Chaffee on behalf of Stan & Fran Bogaty, 237 Brookman Drive, map 18C lot 35, regarding the demo and rebuilding of stone seawall, all by hand, in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Berkshire Engineering, Inc., on behalf of James Taub, 416 Lion Hill Road, map 11 lot 34, regarding the replacement of existing septic system with a new one (incl. tank & pump-chamber), in the BZ of a wetlands resource, near Big Pond.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- 408 Hayes Pond Road – Observation by a Commissioner, of extensive, unauthorized cutting, done in the BZ of Hayes Pond in Otis. Ratified in September 2019; on agenda for reminder to Follow Up.
- 46 South Gate Island Road, John Benevento – Unauthorized work done in the BZ of Otis Reservoir. Ratified in September 2019; on agenda for reminder to Follow Up.
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, November 6th – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for November 19, 2019 meeting Applications is Wednesday November 6, 2019 at 6 PM!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***