Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, September 15, 2020 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 810 7041 4067
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,81070414067# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,81070414067# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 810 7041 4067
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for October 20, 2020 Meeting Applications is Wednesday, October 7, 2020, at 6:00 p.m.
- Next Meeting is Tuesday October 20, 2020 @ 6:00 PM
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: August 18, 2020 Remote Meeting
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Gamelli Title 5 Consultants, on behalf of Tom Pease, 735 Tolland Rd., map 17E lot 11, regarding the replacement of failed title 5 system with Otis BOH approved septic system upgrade, within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Douglas Oberg, 99 N. Gate Island Rd., map 17C lots 26 & 27, regarding the removal and pruning of several trees within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by R. Levesque, on behalf of Patrick & Carla Patterson, 142 Kibbe Rd., map 17C lot 46, regarding the removal of an existing dock, expansion of an existing dock, repairs to existing retaining walls & removal of select trees, all within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by James V. Horanzy, 102 Kibbe Point Rd., map 17F lot 3, regarding the removal of several marked trees, within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by John Duffy, 89 Pine Ridge Grove, map 15D lot 105, regarding the manual removal of 60 patio wall blocks (240 SQF) due to damage, and will not be rebuilt; within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Stockman & Associates LLC, on behalf of Marc Bergeron & John Wagner, 0 Vine St., map 16C lots 21/1, regarding the installation of dock with platform and boat lift, within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Jonathan Singer, 118 Telephone Rd., map 7A lot 89, regarding removal of a dead tree within the BZ of White Lily Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Michael Boyes, 44 Highland Way, map 10E lot 40, regarding the removal of 2 dead trees within the BZ of Benton Brook.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continued from August Meeting – Submitted by Foresight Land Services, on behalf of Alyse Dvorak, 1900 N. Main Rd., map 2 lot 26, regarding proposed house additions, driveway construction & related site work, all within the 200’ resource area of Farmington River.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continued from August Meeting – Submitted by Daniel Giusti, 1555 West Center Road, map 6 lot 172, regarding the installation of a WLC device, to mitigate beaver dam flooding, in the resource area of Benton Brook.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Emergency Certifications:
- Public Hearing – EC Tree Removal – 47 N. Lake Avenue, regarding removal of a dead oak tree within the BZ of OR; inspection done 9/5/2020.
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Public Hearing – Request for COC – Submitted by Marc Bergeron, 408 Lion Hill Road, map 11E lot 35, regarding the issuance of a COC for Order issued under DEP File number 254-0266.
- Public Hearing – Request for COC – Submitted by Robert S. Rondeau and Nancy M. Rondeau, Route 23, map 11 lot 144, regarding the issuance of a COC for work partially completed under Order for DEP file 254-0079.
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, October 7th – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for October 20, 2020 meeting Applications is Wednesday October 7, 2020 at 6 PM!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***