Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, August 20, 2019 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for September 17, 2019 Meeting Applications is Wed., September 4, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- Next Meeting is Tuesday September 17, 2019 @ 6:00 PM
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: July 16, 2019 Meeting
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Katherine Couch, on behalf of James Fink, 1319 Reservoir Road, map 15 lot 14, regarding the removal of 3 dead trees, replanting of deciduous tree(s); repair & rebuild existing seawall to stop erosion; add 4 stone steps; remove exiting boardwalk & replace with stone steps; add a 12’ x 25’ gravel area for grill/tables; level area & replanting of grass, all in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Chris Tryon with BGT, on behalf of Jill Lerner, 7 Chestnut Lane, map 16 lot 4, regarding the removal of trees within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Chris Tryon with BGT, on behalf of Peter Allan, 10 S. Lake Ave., map 18 lot 45, regarding installation of a subsurface disposal system within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Chris Tryon with BGT, on behalf of Charles Haynes, 1801 S. Main Rd., map 17 lot 29, regarding the installation of a subsurface disposal system within the riverfront area of the Farmington River.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Mitchell S. Chambers, 45 Pine Grove Ridge, map 15D lot 97, regarding the replacement of a laminated support beam due to rot, attached deck and sliding glass doors, all within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – Request for Amendment of OOC – Submitted by Marc DiGrigoli, on behalf of Sally Laufer, 20 Soucie Lane, map 6 lot 116, regarding the removal of select trees located within close proximity to the proposed (approved) new home, that are diseased or dying and present safety concerns for structure; within the 200’ riverfront area of the west branch of the FR in Otis.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continuance from June – Submitted by Sarah Gapinski with SK Design Group, Inc., on behalf of David Donahue with D & J Development LLC, Reservoir Rd., maps 16B/15/16 lots 1 & 3/76-1 & 77/43, regarding the construction of a townhouse development in the BZ of OR, and surrounding BVW.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Public Hearing – Request for COC – Submitted by SK Design, on behalf of D & J Development LLC, Reservoir Road, map 15/15/16B/16/16/16 lot 76/77/1/38/40/43, regarding closing out the previously issued OOC, so that the new NOI hearing can be closed and OOC can be issued, when approved. Old OOC is under DEP file 254-0287.
- Public Hearing – Request for COC – Submitted by Alicia & Gary Belanger, 20 Pine Road Ext., map 17C lot 94, regarding the repair to seawall, stairs and dock area, condition under approved OOC 254-0406.
- Public Hearing – Request for COC – Submitted by Alicia & Gary Belanger, 20 Pine Road Ext., map 17C lot 94, regarding the return of resource area to original condition by removing an installed secondary stone wall, condition under approved OOC 254-0415.
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Robert Tutnauer, 57 Hayes Pond Road, regarding discussion of natural vegetation clogging the beach at Hayes Pond.
- Request for review with Otis Concom: Peter Geller, new VP Otis Woodlands Club, Inc., regarding preventative maintenance work on steel dam, Owl Lake.
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, September 4th – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for September 17, 2019 meeting Applications is Wednesday September 4, 2019 at 6 PM!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall