Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, August 18, 2020 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
Topic: Conservation Commission 8/18/20 6 PM
Time: Aug 18, 2020 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 882 8460 6686
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,88284606686# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,88284606686# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 882 8460 6686
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kxBybALaU
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for September 15, 2020 Meeting Applications is Wednesday, September 2, 2020, at 6:00 p.m.
- Next Meeting is Tuesday September 15, 2020 @ 6:00 PM
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: July 21, 2020 Remote Meeting
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Gamelli Title 5 Consultants, on behalf of Tom Smith, 1419 East Otis Rd., map 15A lot 33, regarding the raze and removal of existing collapsing structure & construction of a new single-family dwelling in the same approx. footprint, with deck and stairs, and approved septic system, all within the 100’ BZ of Benton Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Patrick & Carla Patterson, 142 Kibbe Rd., map 17C lot 46, regarding the pavement of existing driveway, removal of walkway & replace with pavers and move existing stonewall closer to the home.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Bradley Johnson & Nicole Pagourgis, 152 Kingsley Rd., map 7A lots 19 & 20, regarding the repair of subsurface sewage disposal system approx. 80’ from Watson Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Bob Feltre, 9 Old Stagecoach Rd., map 17D lot 11, regarding proposed trimming of a large Oak Tree within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Chaffee Construction, on behalf of Patricia Rizzo, 34 East Shore Rd., map 12B lot 26, regarding installation of a new deck with ¾ stone beneath for draining stormwater, within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Margie Amanti, 50 Pine Road Extension, map 17C lots 101/102/103, regarding the removal of 15 to 20 dead trees and 9 living trees, all within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Clearwater Recovery on behalf of Michael Cienciwa, 196 Kibbe Rd., map 17C lot 54, regarding proposed septic system repair plan (approved by Otis BOH) and a new well, all within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Foresight Land Services, on behalf of Alyse Dvorak, 1900 N. Main Rd., map 2 lot 26, regarding proposed house additions, driveway construction & related site work, all within the 200’ resource area of Farmington River.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Continued from July 21, 2020 Meeting – Submitted by Deborah Flood, 23 & 29 Flint Farm Lane, regarding the removal of tree(s) within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continued from July 21, 2020 Meeting – Submitted by Daniel Giusti, 1555 West Center Road, map 6 lot 172, regarding the installation of a WLC device, to mitigate beaver dam flooding, in the resource area of Benton Brook.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Continued from July 21, 2020 Meeting – Submitted by Dave Wheeler, on behalf of Nicole & Marc Maddalena, 29 Bay Point Road, regarding the installation of a new moveable shed in existing footprint; and the planting of two new trees, all within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Public Hearing – Enforcement Order – Pat Patterson, 142 Kibbe Road, map 14C lot 46, regarding the unauthorized work completed within the BZ of OR, namely dock work.
- Emergency Certifications:
- Public Hearing – EC Tree Removal – 31 Bay Point Road, regarding removal of storm damaged tree, within the BZ of OR. Inspection done 8/5/2020.
- Public Hearing – EC Tree Removal – 27 Kibbe Point Road, regarding removal of dead and dying trees within the BZ of OR. Inspection done 7/24/2020.
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Public Hearing – Request for COC – Submitted by Kenneth and Ingrid DiGregorio, 243 Brookman Drive, map 18C lot 34, regarding work completed under Order of Conditions and DEP File Number 254-0326.
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Review of approvals and planting plan for 64 Drive B
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, September 2nd – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for September 15, 2020 meeting Applications is Wednesday September 2, 2020 at 6 PM!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***