Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, August 17, 2021 – 6:00 PM
Location: Remotely via Zoom
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Next Meeting is Tuesday September 21, 2021 @ 6:00 PM – Remotely via Zoom
- Deadline for September 21, 2021 Meeting Applications is Wednesday, September 1, 2021, at 6:00 p.m.
- The instructions to join the 8/17/21 Zoom Meeting are as follows:
Topic: Conservation Commission
Time: Aug 17, 2021 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 844 0626 0172
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,84406260172# US (New York)
+13017158592,,84406260172# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 844 0626 0172
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kclwIPjaZn
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: July 20, 2021 Remote Meeting Minutes.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Patrick & Carla Patterson, 142 Kibbe Rd., map 17C lot 46, regarding the removal of asphalt on ramp (driveway), within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Andrew R. & Nancy B. Kutz, 147 Kibbe Rd., map 17C lot 66, regarding the removal of 3 trees damaged by disease & erosion within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by BPHOA Board Member Mark DiPinto on behalf of BSPOA, Pond Blvd., map 11F lot 82, between lots 91 & 107, regarding the removal of a dead pine tree within the BZ of Benton Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Mary Fischer, 355 Stanley Road, map 16A lot 2, regarding the renovation and addition to existing home within the BZ of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Lisa E. Smith, 358 Lion Hill Rd., map 11E lot 42, regarding the removal & replacement of 3 trees within the BZ of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Joe Tremblay w/Tremblay Mason, on behalf of David DelVecchio, 73 D’Wolfe Dr., map 7B lot 5, regarding the rebuilding of existing dwelling within the BZ of Watson Pond.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Turning Leaf Centers Otis LLC, 1570 N. Main Rd., map 2 lot 74 & 74.1, regarding the development of the site into a recreational marijuana growing facility & retail shop, within the BZ of intermittent stream, spring & BVW.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by James & Zoe Buckley, 27 N. Main St., map 10D lot 6, regarding the removal of tree(s) within the riverfront area of the FR, and associated BVW.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continued from July Meeting & FU Site Inspection Needed – Submitted by White Engineering, Inc., on behalf of Daniel Zenkel w/Larkum Lake Real Estate Co., LLC, 620 Reservoir Road, map 15 lot 60, regarding the construction of a new cabin on helical piers for adult staff, within the BZ of Larkum Pond.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters (the following EO items are on this agenda for follow up only):
- Enforcement Order – James & Cheryl McIntire, 512 North Main Rd., map 6 lot 127, regarding unauthorized clearing of trees, brush and vegetation within the 200’ resource area of the west branch of the Farmington River. OCC gave applicant/agent until September to submit filing.
- Enforcement Order – David Roffo, 134 Kibbe Road, map 17C lot 45, regarding unauthorized paving within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Public Hearing – Request for COC – Submitted by White Engineering, 131 Pond Blvd., map 11F lot 91, regarding the request for a COC for work completed under DEP File 254-0327.
- Public Hearing – Request for COC – Submitted by Joel Fishkind, 23 Pleasant Dr., map 15D lot 33, regarding the request for a COC for work completed under DEP File 254-0337.
- Public Hearing – Request for COC – Submitted by Powers Law Group, North Main Rd., map 2 lot 100, regarding the request for a COC for driveway work completed under DEP File 254-241.
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, September 1st – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. @ Otis Town Hall
- Deadline for September 21, 2021 meeting Applications is Wednesday September 1, 2021 by 6 PM – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, September 21, 2021 – 6:00 pm ** Remote Meeting via Zoom
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***