Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, June 19, 2018 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for July 2018 Applications is Wednesday, July 4, 2018, at 6:00 p.m.
- Next Meeting is Tuesday, July 17, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
*** PLEASE NOTE: Next Office Hours are on Thursday 7/5 due to 4th of July Holiday on Wednesday ***
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: May 16, 2018 Meeting
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Town of Otis Highway Dept., Full Length of Tyringham Rd., maps 9 & 13A, regarding the full reclamation of the roadway, removal & replace of 13 culverts, headwalls & drop inlets; cut back canopy, and remove & replace approx. 2,200’ of guardrail. Some waterways to be installed to improve drainage from run-off.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Town of Otis Highway Dept., near 888 W. Center Rd., maps 6 & 6A, regarding the removal & replacement of steel culvert that has pushed to the surface over the years. Reclaim pavement & resurface of road.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by R. Levesque, on behalf of Michael Donaghey & Corinne Patrick-Donaghey, 82 S. Gate Isle Rd., map 17C lot 17, regarding replacement of existing septic, in the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Berkshire Geo-Tech., on behalf of Robert Hughes, 221 Ridge Ave., map 18C lot 14, regarding the installation of a subsurface disposal system within the resource area of an intermittent stream, due to failed title 5.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Berkshire Geo-Tech., on behalf of John Koch, 77 N. Gate Isle Rd., map 17 lot 32, regarding the installation of a subsurface disposal system within the BZ of Otis Reservoir, due to failed title 5.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Berkshire Geo-Tech., on behalf of Richard & Sandra Roy, 20 Pleasant Dr., map 15 lot 135, regarding the decommission of existing septic tank, within the BZ of OR, due to failed title 5.
- Public Hearing RDA – Submitted by Marc Bergeron, 408 Lion Hill Road, map 11E lot 35, regarding the repair of existing patio & patio wall, damaged due to winter weather, in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continuance – Submitted by Berkshire Eng., on behalf of the Estate of Violette, 47 & 52 Hayre Isle Rd., map 17B lots 14 & 221, regarding a residential septic system upgrade.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Emergency Certifications:
- 53 Bay Point Road, Removal of dead/dying tree, in the BZ of OR.
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Thursday, July 5th – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for July 17, 2018 meeting Applications is Wednesday July 4, 2018 at 6 PM!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall
- *** Please note that next office hours are on Thursday, 7/5/18, due to 4th of July Holiday on the standard Wednesday ***