Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, June 18, 2019 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for July 2019 Applications is Wed., July 3, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- Next Meeting is Tuesday July 16, 2019 @ 6:00 PM
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: May 22, 2019 Meeting
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Wheeler Building, on behalf of Bradley Barber, 43 Langdon Lane, map 17B lot 79, regarding the building of a new house on the lot.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by All Star Excavation, on behalf of Phillip & Kathryn Tarpey, 62 Kibbe Point Rd., map 17D lot 62, regarding the replacement of a clogged footing drain, approx. 92’ from OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Carroll Raymond, 1954 East Otis Rd., map 16 lot 56, regarding the installation of drains of E & W side of house; removal of silver maple & 3 more trees that are dead/dying; repair of a 75’ wall & reface with stone & build a wishing well, all within the 200’ of river/stream.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Otis Rec. Comm., Great Woods Road, map 11D lot 53, regarding the replenishment of beach sand in existing imprint with clean mason’s sand, 55’ deep x 120’ long, above HWM.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by CW Nelson, on behalf of Margaret Amanti, 42 Pine Rd. Ext., map 17C lot 100, regarding the removal of existing walkway, replaced with 21’ x 3’ of Goshen stone, repl. of existing pad with 19’ x 36’ Goshen stone, in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by CW Nelson, on behalf of Jim Brandolini, 118 Telephone Rd., map 7A lot 89, regarding the installation of walkway to water with 18 Goshen stone steps with processed stone, in the BZ of White Lily Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Berkshire Geo-Tech., on behalf of Mark Paulson, 24 S. Gate Island Rd., map 17 lot 6, regarding the installation of a model J-500 Jetbat Septic tank, a 1,000 gallon pump chamber & an 11.52’ x 30’ leach bed; also repl. of existing water & electric line from existing well located at 20 S. Gat Island Rd., all in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by BSC Group, Inc., on behalf of Jonathan Roberge, near 1340 W. Center Rd., map 6 lot 162, regarding the installation of 4 new utility poles, associated anchors, and overhead wire, as well as removal of several trees, all within the shoulder of W. Center Rd. and BZ of BVW and inland bank.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Berkshire Geo-Tech., on behalf of Robert & Susan Lopatkin, 783 Algerie Rd., map 12 lot 34, regarding the replacement of existing boardwalk and dock, in the BZ & BVW bank of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Continuance – Submitted by Victoria Smith, 75 N. Lake Ave., map 18A lot 33, regarding the construction of a new garage with small living area, repair of retaining wall & replacement of existing dock, with an increase to size, all in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continuance – Submitted by Berkshire Eng., on behalf of Michael & Emily Gould, 335 Brookman Dr., map 18C lot 23, regarding the construction of a retaining wall along the shoreline of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continuance – Submitted by Sarah Gapinski with SK Design Group, Inc., on behalf of David Donahue with D & J Development LLC, Reservoir Rd., maps 16B/15/16 lots 1 & 3/76-1 & 77/43, regarding the construction of a townhouse development in the BZ of OR, and surrounding BVW.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Two added to OCC files for June 2019 – Note for the record.
- Extension of OOC:
- Public Hearing – Ext. of Order of Conditions Request – Submitted by Solitude Lake Management, on behalf of Beverly Hyman, 1340 W. Center Road, map 6 lot 162, regarding the removal of decaying Phragmites, as well as accumulated nuisance stick, debris and pockets of organic buildup, as well as the control/treatment of nuisance algae growth on their property pond.
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, July 3rd – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for July 16, 2019 meeting Applications is Wednesday July 3, 2019 at 6 PM!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall