Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, May 19, 2020 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for June 16, 2020 Meeting Applications is Wed., June 3, 2020, at 6:00 p.m.
- Next Meeting is Tuesday June 16, 2020 @ 6:00 PM
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: April 21, 2020 Remote Meeting
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Dave Wheeler, on behalf of Nicole & Marc Maddalena, 29 Bay Point Road, regarding the installation of a new moveable shed in existing footprint; and the planting of two new trees, all within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Margaret A. Harner, on behalf of Cooper Hi-da-Way Trust, 83 Pine Grove Ridge, map 15D lot 102, regarding removal of a dying/dead pine tree within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Chaffee Construction, on behalf of Karen Coviello, 78 Mallard Road, map 11F lot 94, regarding the removal of three trees within the BZ of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Michael Boyes, 44 Highland Way, map 10E lot 40, regarding the removal of several trees (20) within the resource area of Benton Brook Stream, that threaten the house.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by BSC Group, on behalf of Eversource Energy, regarding the upgrade of gravel access road, work pad construction, to support structure replacements proposed along the 1421 Line ROW, which falls within the BZ of associated BVW.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Chester W. Galaska, 306 Kibbe Road, map 17C lot 89, regarding the removal of a dying tree presenting hazard to house, within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Janet Baker with Outdoor Services, on behalf of Wayde McMillan, 633 Pine Road, map 17D lot 20, regarding the installation of drive on, removable jet-ski lift attached to existing dock, within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Public Hearing, Enforcement Order – Continuation – Brookman Drive, Map 18C lot 57, regarding unapproved work observed in the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Emergency Certifications:
- Public Hearing – EC Tree Removal – 143 Vine Street, Larry Unwin, regarding the removal of a dead tree, presenting danger to property or persons, within the BZ of OR. Site inspection done on 5/8/2020.
- Public Hearing – EC Tree Removal – 41 N. Lake Avenue, regarding 4 dead trees within the BZ of OR. Site inspection done on 5/11/20, with Tree Warden.
- Public Hearing – EC Beaver Dam, Flooding Mitigation – Town Hill Road in Otis – Regarding the removal of a beaver dam, and removal of inhabitants to alternate area. Work done by Beaver Solutions on behalf of MA DOT. Site inspection done 5/9/2020.
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- 633 Pine Road, Previously Approved RDA – Regarding slightly revised landscaping plan, that results in less overall disturbance to the respective and surrounding areas. Inspection done by Commissioner JL; on agenda to inform other members.
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, June 3rd – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for June 16, 2020 meeting Applications is Wednesday June 3, 2020 at 6 PM!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***
Topic: Conservation Commission
Time: May 19, 2020 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 885 8880 9474
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,88588809474# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,88588809474# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 885 8880 9474
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbzYePBqoe