Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, April 19, 2022 – 6:00 PM
Location: Remotely via Zoom
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Next Meeting is Tuesday, May 17, 2022 @ 6:00 PM, Remotely via Zoom
- Deadline for receipt of applications for the 5/17/22 meeting is Wednesday, May 4, 2022, by 6:00 p.m.
- The instructions to join the 04/19/22 Zoom Meeting are as follows:
Time: Apr 19, 2022 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 848 9277 3520
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,84892773520# US (New York)
+13017158592,,84892773520# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 848 9277 3520
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdESjKDONf
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: March 15, 2022 Remote Meeting minutes.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Vincent and Amy Caruso, 117 Vine St., map 16C lot 30, regarding landscaping, step & fence installation and assorted plantings within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by SK Design Group, on behalf of Robyn Walsh, 71 Flint Farm Lane, map 15C lot 53, regarding the installation of a new septic system, with a portion of the work occurring within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by SK Design Group, on behalf of Ted Stein, 907 Algerie Rd., map 12 lot 26, regarding the demo of existing home & construction of new SF house with deck & porch, replacement of septic tank & pump chamber & related site work, within the BZ of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by John W. Field Tree Svc. Inc., on behalf of Jim Affenito, 155 Ray Hubbard Rd., map 15A lot 77, regarding the removal of 6 trees cut flush w/ground, within the BZ of Benton Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Chaffee Const., Inc., on behalf of Paul Kimmel & Prudence Kline, 40 Loop Dr., map 52A lot 52, regarding the demo of existing home & construction of new home in existing footprint, within the BZ of Benton Pond.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continued from 3/15/22 Meeting – Submitted by Adnan Dahdul, 77 N. Gate Island Road, map 17C lot 32, regarding the repair/replace of stone in existing seawall, within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Continued from 3/15/22 Meeting – Submitted by David Shustock, 0 Reservoir Road, map 17 lot 17, regarding the maintenance of a logging road, that was accumulating flood waters, within the BZ of associated BVW.
- Enforcement Orders:
- Enforcement Order – on agenda for Follow-up – David Roffo, 134 Kibbe Road, map 17C lot 45, regarding unauthorized paving within the BZ of Otis Reservoir. *** On this agenda for Follow Up only. ***
- Emergency Certifications:
- 49 Kibbe Point Road – Regarding the removal of 2 diseased and 1 dead tree, in BZ of Otis Reservoir, approx. 80′ feet from bank; currently a hazard to people and property, per the advice of Arborist, Burdick Tree and Property Services, within the BZ of OR.
- 109 D’Wolfe Drive – Regarding the removal of a tree that is de-rooting and leaning dangerously towards the dwelling, within the BZ of Big Pond.
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- 1401 Reservoir Road – Regarding the addition of 2 trees to the approved Order of Conditions issued, via the published minutes.
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, May 4, 2022 – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. @ Otis Town Hall
- Deadline for May 17, 2022 meeting Applications is Wednesday May 4, 2022 by 6 PM – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 – 6:00 pm ** Remote Meeting via Zoom
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***