Otis Conservation Commission
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for May 2019 Applications is Wed., May 1, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- Next Meeting is WEDNESDAY May 15, 2019 @ 6:00 PM
- The May Meeting is on the 3rd Wednesday Due to a conflict with our usual Tuesday night meeting.
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: March 19, 2019 Meeting
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Victoria Smith, 75 N. Lake Ave., map 18A lot 33, regarding the construction of a new garage with small living area, repair of retaining wall & replacement of existing dock, with an increase to size, all in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by RLA, on behalf of Saloomey Family Trust, 31 South Bay Road, map 17D lot 24, regarding construction of a pavilion within footprint of demolished SFH; improvements include parking areas, grading & septic system, in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Outdoor Services, on behalf of Wayde McMillan, 633 Pine Road, map 17D lot 20, regarding the landscaping under deck, cooking/fireplace sitting area, removal & replacement of existing failing seawall, planting of shrubs & installation of underground propane tank, all within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Outdoor Services, on behalf of Wayde McMillan, 633 Pine Road, map 17D lot 20, regarding boathouse bump-out, to accommodate a boat inside, with one in the lift.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Allen Argiro, Drive B ROW, regarding the widening of existing dock (#3), by 4’, along 12’ of dock, in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Joe & Lynn Vedovato, 88 East Shore Road, map 12B lot 30, regarding the removal of 3 trees, within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by SK Design Group on behalf of Janice Crane, 441 Pine Road, map 17B lot 50, regarding the permitting of existing retaining wall and dock, in the BZ of OR, and for Chapter 91 License.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Continuance – Submitted by Stephen Nelson with Clearwater Recovery on behalf of Robert Shangraw, 71 N. Gate Island Road, map 17 lot 31, regarding the septic upgrade in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continuance – Submitted by Berkshire Eng., on behalf of Michael & Emily Gould, 335 Brookman Dr., map 18C lot 23, regarding the construction of a retaining wall along the shoreline of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continuance – Submitted by Sarah Gapinski with SK Design Group, Inc., on behalf of David Donahue with D & J Development LLC, Reservoir Rd., maps 16B/15/16 lots 1 & 3/76-1 & 77/43, regarding the construction of a townhouse development in the BZ of OR, and surrounding BVW.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Public Hearing – Certificate of Compliance Request – Submitted by SK Design Group, on behalf of D & J Development, Inc., to close out OOC 254-0287; since a new filing (NOI) has been submitted by SK Design, for this project. Therefore, this COC is for a partial COC, as only the shore and docks were completed under this open Order of Conditions.
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, April 3rd – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for May 15, 2019 meeting Applications is Wednesday May 1, 2019 at 6 PM!
- Next meeting: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall
** Please note that there was a scheduling conflict on our usual 3rd Tuesday for our May meeting **