Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, March 19, 2019 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for April 2019 Applications is Wed., April 3, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- Next Meeting is WEDNESDAY April 17, 2019 @ 6:00 PM – Due to a conflict on our usual Tuesday night meeting.
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: February 19, 2019 Meeting
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Luke Showalter with Furrow Eng., on behalf of Rudolph Mazzeo, 7 Reservoir Height Road, map 15 lot 17, regarding the implementation of drainage improvements to prevent further washout of the road into the town ROW; in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Stephen Nelson with Clearwater Recovery on behalf of Robert Shangraw, 71 N. Gate Island Road, map 17 lot 31, regarding the septic upgrade in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Berkshire Eng., on behalf of Michael & Emily Gould, 335 Brookman Dr., map 18C lot 23, regarding the construction of a retaining wall along the shoreline of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – NOI Continuance – Submitted by Michael Turgeon with Jacobs Eng. Group, on behalf of Susan McArthur with MASS DOT Hwy. Div., regarding the replacement of existing culvert outfalls & drainage structures to maintain O & M of the Mass Pike.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continuance – Submitted by Sarah Gapinski with SK Design Group, Inc., on behalf of David Donahue with D & J Development LLC, Reservoir Rd., maps 16B/15/16 lots 1 & 3/76-1 & 77/43, regarding the construction of a townhouse development in the BZ of OR, and surrounding BVW.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continuance – Submitted by Berkshire Engineering, Inc., on behalf of Sally Laufer, 20 Soucie Lane, map 6 lot 116, regarding the removal & construction of existing single family home with attached deck, install of stone drip edge and extension of existing gravel drive, all within the 200’ riverfront area of the west branch of the FR in Otis. ** Revised plans submit as recommended by MA DEP **
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Public Hearing – Certificate of Compliance – Submitted by Ryan Nelson with Berkshire Engineering, on behalf of Ziter Saloomey with Saloomey Construction, 31 South Bay Road, map 17D lot 24, regarding the work partially completed under MASS DEP Order of Conditions 254-0397: Existing structures were demolished, but new construction was never started. This request is being made to allow for a project redesign and the future filing of a new NOI.
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, April 3rd – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for April 17, 2019 meeting Applications is Wednesday April 3, 2019 at 6 PM!
- Next meeting: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall
** Please note that there was a scheduling conflict on our usual 3rd Tuesday for our April meeting **