Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, March 16, 2021 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
Topic: Conservation Commission Meeting 3/16/2021
Time: Mar 16, 2021 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 853 4351 2991
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,85343512991# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,85343512991# US (New York)
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Next Meeting is Tuesday April 20, 2021 @ 6:00 PM – Remote Via Zoom
- Deadline for April 20, 2021 Meeting Applications is Wednesday, April 7, 2021, at 6:00 p.m.
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: February 16, 2021 Remote Meeting Minutes.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Mark & Theresa Graveline, 91 N. Gate Island Rd., map 17C lot 35, regarding the small addition to existing dock, within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by White Eng., Inc., on behalf of Larkum Lake Real Estate Co. LLC, 620/622 Reservoir Road, map 15 lot 60, regarding the construction of an 8’ x 12’ water system accessory building, within the BZ of existing wetland area(s).
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Francisca Heming, on behalf of MASS DOT, Highway Division, Routes 8 & 23 in the Town of Otis, regarding the excavation of existing old sidewalk, and replacement of gravel foundation (where needed) & installation of new sidewalks, a portion of which falls within the 100’ flood plain.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Emily Stockman with Stockman & Assocs., LLC, on behalf of Hayes Pond North Group C/O Sharon Delevie, Hayes Pond North, regarding the management of invasive & natural aquatic plant species within a specific area of Hayes Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Otis Recreation Commission, Great Woods Road, map 11D lot 53, regarding the replenishment of beach sand, 55’deep by 120’ long, with clean mason’s sand, within the BZ of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Doot Construction on behalf of Robert Sadock, 20 Phelps Drive, map 7A lot 8, regarding the 12’ x 26’ addition to existing house on a non-conforming lot, within the BZ of Watson Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by John & Aileen Alicandri, 207 Brookman Dr., map 18C lot 19, regarding the removal of several trees within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continued from February 16th Meeting – Submitted by Daniel Giusti, 1555 West Center Road, map 6 lot 172, regarding the installation of a WLC device, to mitigate beaver dam flooding, in the resource area of Benton Brook.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, April 7th – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. *** Held Remotely: In-person Meetings by Advance Appointment Only *** – Deadline for April 20, 2021 meeting Applications is Wednesday April 7, 2021 by 6 PM – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 – 6:00 pm ** Held Remotely via Zoom ***
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***