Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, August 15, 2017 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for September Applications is Wednesday, Sept. 6th at 6:00 p.m.
- Next Meeting is Tuesday September 19, 2017 @ 6:00 PM
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 Meeting
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Thomas Logsdon, Giles Road, map 3D, lot 616, regarding the installation of leech field and septic system; part of leech field is in the buffer zone.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Berkshire Geo-Technologies, on behalf of Melvin & Beverly Schnoll, 79 D’Wolfe Drive, map 7B lot 4, regarding the installation of a 1500 gallon septic tank & a 1000 gallon pump chamber, within the 100’ BZ of Watson Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Berkshire Design Inc., on behalf of Ralph & Lynn Huber, 897 Algerie Road, map 12A lot 27, regarding the renovation/conversion and 2nd story addition to an existing garage, as well as a new attached garage and entry/mudroom.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Jeanne Steiner & William Rosenblatt, 70 Point Road, map 15A lots 9 & 10, regarding removal of 2 apparently dead trees on lot 10 within the 100’ BZ of OR, and one tree on lot 10 with a bifurcated trunk, with one side dead, that will be removed, and the balance saved. Trees are marked with red ribbons.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Normand & Elayne LeBeau, 61/67 North Gate Island Road, map 17C lots 19 & 30, regarding the unapproved work and/or alteration of the BZ of the OR; work done in the area that which under OOC issued for DEP File 254-0280, special condition 28, was supposed to stay vegetative buffer. Continued from September agenda due to owners’ inability to attend last meeting; on August 2017 agenda for follow up.
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Review of the Commission’s need of an agent KB
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, September 6th – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for September 19, 2017 meeting Applications is Wednesday September 6, 2017 at 3 PM!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall