Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, September 19, 2017 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
• Opening Items: Introductions
• Notice that meeting is recorded
• Deadline for October Applications is Wednesday, October 4th at 6:00 p.m.
• Next Meeting is Tuesday October 17, 2017 @ 6:00 PM
• Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 Meeting
• Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Mitchell Chambers, 45 Pine Grove Ridge, map 15D lot 97, regarding the replacement of existing shed that is structurally in danger of collapse; existing footings will be used, and no ground work will be necessary; all materials to be hand carried in and out of the area of work, which is in the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
• Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Mitchell Chambers, 45 Pine Grove Ridge, map 15D lot 97, regarding the repair of the north facing retaining wall facing OR, due to disrepair caused by frost and resulting erosion from adjacent land.
• Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by James & Nadine Natle, 0 South Lake Ave., map 18A lot 44, regarding installation of a mooring ball in the Brookman Association area, on OR.
• Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Berkshire Engineering on behalf of Morton Irrevocable Trust, 327 Brookman Drive, map 18C lot 24, regarding the lifting of existing house and installation of a concrete foundation under the house. The house will also be relocated farther away from the resource, to achieve zoning setbacks; also upgrade of subsurface sewage disposal system; most of the work is within 50’ BZ of OR.
• Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Robert Brodeur, 64 S. Lake Ave., map 18B lot 4, regarding the repair/replacement of existing concrete seawall & wooden structure dock w/concrete pilings, as well as replacement of stairs and patio that are in disrepair.
• Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Robert T. Goyette, 491 Pine Road, map 17B lot 61, regarding the repair of existing stone retaining wall that has been washed out due to erosion from waves.
• Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Ann Wendell, 2 S. Gate Island Road, map 17C lot 01, regarding the request to remove of a 28’ red Maple tree, that is on state property; Field Tree Service will do the work.
• Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Craig Morton with Camp Overflow, 700 Tolland Road, map 17C lot 86, regarding the repair of existing seawall, using the same location and same type of stone, using pins to ensure that the wall is repaired/rebuilt in the same existing bed. Work to be done during drawdown of OR.
• Public Hearing – RDA – Continuation – Submitted by Thomas Logsdon, Giles Road, map 3D, lot 616, regarding the installation of leech field and septic system; part of leech field is in the buffer zone.
• Public Hearing – RDA – Continuation – Submitted by Berkshire Geo-Technologies, on behalf of Melvin & Beverly Schnoll, 79 D’Wolfe Drive, map 7B lot 4, regarding the installation of a 1500 gallon septic tank & a 1000 gallon pump chamber, within the 100’ BZ of Watson Pond.
• Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
Normand & Elayne LeBeau, 61/67 North Gate Island Road, map 17C lots 19 & 30, regarding the unapproved work and/or alteration of the BZ of the OR; work done in the area that which under OOC issued for DEP File 254-0280, special condition 28, was supposed to stay vegetative buffer. Continued from August agenda due to owners’ inability to attend last meeting; on September 19, 2017 agenda for follow up and resolution.
• Emergency Certifications:
Joe Perry – 42 Aspen Drive, regarding the emergency removal of a diseased and dead tree.
• Forest Cutting Plan(s):
Otis – Forester Tetreault & Son – Algerie Road – Regarding removal of 150 Cords of Wood from approx. 37.7 Acres, approved by TR.
• Extension of OOC:
Public Hearing – Extension of OOC – Submitted by White Engineering, on behalf of Larkum Lake Real Estate Co., LLC, 620 Reservoir Road, map 15 lot 60, regarding the extension of OOC for DEP File 254-0331, to fix the water run-off project.
Public Hearing – Extension of OOC – Submitted by Water Resource Services, on behalf of Otis Woodlands, Inc., Lakeshore Drive, map 384 lot 34, regarding the extension of OOC for DEP file 254-0333, for the conditioning of drawdown for Owl Lake.
• Certificates of Compliance:
Public Hearing – Certificate of Compliance – Submitted by Robert M. Ryan with Apex, on behalf of Otis Woodlands Club, LLC, Lakeshore Drive, map 384 lot 34, regarding the request for a COC for DEP File 254-0382, concerning the Owl Lake Improvement Project that is completed.
Public Hearing – Certificate of Compliance – Submitted by Mary & Mark Caron, 9A Vine Street, map 16C lot 30, regarding the request for a COC for work completed under DEP File 254-0330.
• Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
• Next Office Hours: Wednesday, October 4th – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for October 17, 2017 meeting Applications is Wednesday October 4, 2017 at 6 PM!
• Next meeting: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall