Farmington River Regional School District
Farmington River Elementary School
555 North Main Road, Otis, MA 01253
Monday August 7, 2017
Members Present: Nick DellaGiustina, Jessica Drenga, Carol Lombardo, Billie Pachulski, John Skrip, Arlene Tolopko, Tom Nadolny, and Jane Gleason
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by the chair, Nicholas DellaGiustina.
Community Participation: none
- Approval of Minutes of Meeting #350: The minutes of Meeting #350 were approved as corrected. The August Meeting was #351, not #352. Moved Arlene Tolopko, Seconded John Skrip. Vote unanimous.
- Principal/Superintendent monthly updates: Tom Nadolny updated the School Committee on the changes in staffing. Former Music Teacher, Kelsey Grey resigned. Judy Lewis has retired. Melissa Costa turned in her resignation as well. All job listings have been posted to fill the open positions.
The cafeteria floor has been finished. Jeff Gray and his cleaning crew have done an exceptional job in the process of summer cleaning. They are ahead of schedule.
Teachers are working hard on the departmentalizing grades 4,5 and 6.
- School Committee to vote on School lunch and breakfast increase: School Committee voted to increase school lunch and breakfast $.10. John Skrip motioned to accept the 10 cent increased. Jess Drenga seconded. Vote was unanimous by the Committee.
- Recap of FY17 Budget: Jane Gleason spoke about the ending of FY17 budget. The handout can be requested by contacting the school for a copy. This provides information on ending balances on the budget.
- Discuss Business Manager Position: Discussed placing ads in the papers now. Resumes will be discussed in next month’s meeting if any come in before that. The deadline for applications will be September 15th. The Committee would like someone in place by November 1, 2017, and start the interview processes as soon as possible. Gleason will help as much as possible with training, but plans to retire in December 2017.
- Disscuss replacing PreK with Early K: This topic has been tabled until further notice.
Teresa DellaGiustina, secretary