Recreation Commission Meeting Minutes 11/16/2017

Recreation Commission

November 16, 2017, Thursday @ 6:30PM

Harmony Hall, 70 North Main Road, Otis, MA

 

MINUTES

 

Meeting called by & time:  Mary Adams, 6:42PM.

Meeting facilitated by:  Mary Adams.

Board Members Present:  Mary Adams, Dana Pustinger, Kathy Carroll arrived 6:50PM.

Board Members Absent:  Bill Dyer.

Others Present:  Patricia Richard, Program Supervisor.

  1. Introductions. None needed.
  2. Review & approval of Minutes.  Reviewed & approved 10/19/17.
  3. Accounting.
    1. Town Reports.
    2. Rec Reports.  Reviewed.
  4. Rec Center.
    1. Building Use Sub Committee.  No update.
    2. Websitewww.noticeotis.com not accessible – waiting on transfer of domain name to new website host/server.  Contact Bill Hiller for an update.
  5. Staff.
  6. Programs/Project Proposals.
    1. Updates.  1.  11/4/17 – yoga workshop – well attended.  Patricia mentioned that she and Connie discussed the workshop afterwards and have a few suggestions for the next one.  Mary mentioned that some participants did not receive the email confirmation from the online registration.  Patricia will check the setup.  2.  Patricia explained that she submitted a gym reservation for the Cardio Blast Monday 9-10AM slot for January through June 2018 but it was already reserved for February.  It was discussed and suggested for Patricia to contact the coordinator of this class to find out if the gym can be shared, if they would be able to use the Conference room (if available) or if there was any flexibility with the start time.  (This suggestion was based on a recent conflict of gym usage and Lisa suggested for both parties to communicate to discuss the room space.)  Patricia will provide an update at the next meeting.  3.  Egg Hunt scheduled for 3/24/18, rain date 3/25/18.  4.  Discussed the idea of offering a greenery arrangement in the Fall.  5.  Terrarium project?  Discussed, tentatively schedule for 5/5/18.
    2. Basket Weaving Workshop.  Tentative date 4/14/18 at Wendy Jensen’s studio.
    3. Glass Blowing Workshop.  Discussed.  Tentatively scheduling this workshop for either October or November 2018, it would be partially sponsored, ornament?  Patricia will inquire about liability due to the workshop subject as well as the studio being located in Connecticut.
    4. Gingerbread House event.  Registrations coming in slow…flyers were dropped off at Farmington River Elementary but not sent out to students yet.
    5. Maple Corner Farm.
    6. Movie License.  Movie Fun Night scheduled for 12/15/17, Friday, 5:00-9:00PM.  Parents can drop off their kids (ages 5-12) for free.  Arts & crafts, pizza & a movie.  Tom Soules will be supervising along with Jessica Besaw.  Patricia & Dana have volunteered to help out as we don’t know how many kids will be attending.  Will purchase movie, hot cocoa & candy.
    7. Otis Ridge.
    8. Shake your Soul Dance.  Discussed, continue.
    9. Ski Helmet Day.  Scheduled for 1/6/18, Saturday, 10:00AM-2:00PM @ Otis Ridge.  Patricia & Paul Zielinski will be checking helmets for proper fit, making adjustments in addition to having helmet inventory on hand – suggested donation $20.  Patricia suggested some decals for the helmets so it would help everyone distinguish their helmets from everyone else’s.  OK to purchase.
  7. Memos.  None.
  8. Old Business.   None.
  9. New Business.  Discussed:  performer tentative date 7/21/18; obstacle course tentative date 8/18/18; no December 2017 meeting; Patricia will start working on the FY19 budget draft – meet twice in January?  Patricia will be using some vacation time soon, Bill & Diane Dyer will take care of the Otis Ridge & Maple Corner Farm passes.
  10. Adjourn.

 

 

 

Meeting adjourned at: 8:45PM.

Respectfully submitted by: Patricia Richard.

Submitted to Town Clerk.

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email