Recreation Commission Meeting Minutes 09/28/2017

Recreation Commission

September 28, 2017, Thursday @ 6:30PM

Harmony Hall, 70 North Main Road, Otis, MA

MINUTES

 

Meeting called by & time:  Mary Adams, 6:53PM.

Meeting facilitated by:  Mary Adams.

Board Members Present:  Mary Adams, Dana Pustinger.

Board Members Absent:  Kathy Carroll, Bill Dyer.

Others Present:  Patricia Richard, Program Supervisor.

 

 

  1. Introductions.  None needed.
  2. Review & approval of Minutes.  Approved 8/24/17 meeting minutes.
  3. Accounting.
    1. Town Reports.  Reviewed.
    2. Rec Reports.  Reviewed.
  4. Rec Center.
    1. Website.  Patricia explained she is having issues with updating the Recreation information.  Subscriber news is not working properly; Lyn O’Brien is working with the consultant.  Patricia is compiling another list so she can meet with the consultant.
    2. Exercise Equipment – preventive maintenance.  New England Fitness completed the pm on the two treadmills and the recumbent bike.  The rollers on the treadmills need to be replaced and are covered under warranty.  There is a chance the belts need replacement – approved.  Patricia will schedule appt.
  5. Staff.  Patricia explained that the cardio room needs cleaning once a week but it’s only being cleaned every two weeks.  She will follow up with Staff regarding the schedule.  Patricia informed Tom Soules on 9/15/17, Movie Night Supervisor, regarding the status of the movie license – on hold per Chris Morris and Bill Hiller.
  6. Programs/Project Proposals.
    1. Updates.  Waltz, registration was on the low side – Patricia explained this program attendance was likely affected by the transition of the website/information and that the www.noticeotis.com domain name is not currently active due to a payment for transfer of servers that was not completed before the new website went live – all information for the domain name was communicated to the consultant, a credit card form has been submitted for this payment to Chris Morris.  2.  Autumn/Winter Ayurveda workshop with Connie Wilson scheduled for 11/4/17, Saturday.
    2. Evening class.  Patricia was looking into the possibility of a hooping class and inquired with a couple instructors.  They both explained it’s too far to travel on a regular basis but will pass along this possibility within their network.
    3. Gingerbread House event.
  1. Payment method. Mary will speak with Chris Morris regarding Don Hawley’s suggestion of some type of a vendor purchase order account that was discussed at a previous Select Board meeting.  Patricia explained that Quill currently has a coupon 15% off candy – Quill carries some of the candy items we use, but not all.  Discussed and approved purchase due to coupon.  Dana mentioned that we might be able to qualify for “cash back” through www.ebates.com (ordering Quill).  Patricia will research.
  2. Dates/times. Discussed possible dates and session times – 12/8/17 (Friday) or 12/9/17 (Saturday).  Reviewed last year’s event attendance, space, etc.  Will need approximately three people to prep for the event and about 9-10 volunteers for shifts/event.  Will discuss further at October meeting.
    1. Otis Ridge.  Patricia contacted Jamie Carr regarding the program and they’ll continue with the same structure and price as last year, $2,500.
    2. Maple Corner Farm.  Update and criteria change for next season.  Discussed.  Patricia will send last year’s criteria to the Commissioners and it will be reviewed and/or revised at the October meeting.
    3. Movie License.  Patricia requested updated quotes from all three original licensing companies – Motion Picture License Corporation, Swank & Criterion.  All information was emailed to Bill Hiller, Chris Morris, Select Board, Recreation Commissioners and Kathy Bort (Library Director).  Bill Hiller approved MPLC with the 10% discount they offered, he will sign the invoice and submit for payment.
  1. Town Beach.  Closed for swimming.
  2. Memos.  None.
  3. Old Business.   None.
  4. New Business.  Patricia explained that we are receiving a lower amount of completed surveys via online versus paper surveys.  She suggested that we use both methods for now.
  5. Adjourn.

 

 

Meeting adjourned at: 8:27PM.

Respectfully submitted by: Patricia Richard.

Submitted to Town Clerk.

 

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email