Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, November 21, 2017 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for December Applications is Wednesday, December 6th at 6:00 p.m.
- Next Meeting is Tuesday December 16, 2017 @ 6:00 PM
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: Tuesday, 9/19 & 10/24, 2017 Meetings
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by James Himes, 107 Pond Blvd., map11F lot 89, regarding the removal of one dead/dying Hemlock tree in the BZ of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Bill Dyer, with Dyer Excavating, on behalf of Moose Investor NOM Trust, 130 East Shore Rd., map 16A lots 40-41, regarding the removal of 6 trees from the site.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Mark Demers, 132 Lenard Rd., map 11E lot 45, regarding the lifting of the existing house, to add a full foundation.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Charles Rosenblum, 408 Hayes Pond Rd., map 9A lots 30A-31A-32A, regarding the removal of 3 trees in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Michael H. Smith, 71 Benton Dr., map 10E lot 49, regarding the removal of 3 trees, and the pruning of the trees overhanging the driveway.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Terrence N. Trapp, on behalf of Justin W. Thomas, 38 N. Gate Island Rd., map 577-89 lot 3, regarding the removal of 3 trees, all in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Jill Peters-Gee, 81 N. Gate Island Rd., map 17C lot 33, regarding the vegetation of the area of shed removal, and some pruning of trees & shrubs in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by John R. Boleng on behalf of Greg Hurley, 106 Pine Rd., map 15D lots 6-7, regarding upgrade of existing failed septic system, with a new 1,000 gallon pump chamber & new leach field in the BZ of OR, and BVW west of the property.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Domenic Battista, 58 S. Lake Ave., map 18B lot 3, regarding the permitting for construction to DEP on 5/8/17 & Ch. 91 app submitted on 10/23/17 to DEP.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Donald Torrico, on behalf of Michael & Ellen Granoff, 22 Loop Dr., map 15A lot 49, regarding the replacement of existing stairs from rear of house to lake edge in the existing location, in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by R. Levesque, on behalf of Robert Goyette, 491 Pine Rd., map 17B lots 59-61, regarding the rebuilding of existing stone seawall with improved drainage on OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Thomas Logsdon, Giles Road, map 3D, lot 616, regarding the installation of leech field and septic system; part of leech field is in the buffer zone.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continuation – Submitted by Mitchell Chambers, 45 Pine Grove Ridge, map 15D lot 97, regarding the repair of the north facing retaining wall facing OR, due to disrepair caused by frost and resulting erosion from adjacent land.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Public Hearing – Request for Certificate of Compliance – Continuance –Submitted by Vincent Staskiewicz, Tannery Rd., map 6 lot 1288, regarding the request for a COC.
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, December 6th – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for December 19, 2017 meeting Applications is Wednesday December 6, 2017 at 6 PM!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall